As countries across the world continue their efforts to stem the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we hope you are all well, finding new ways to stay safe and keep in touch with friends and family. Despite the changes to our everyday lives whilst we adapt to “the new normal”, at Shepherds Friendly, our values remain the same: we’re a mutual that puts its members and staff first.
Since the lockdown began, we’ve acted quickly to protect our staff and their families, as well as our members’ interests. Our carefully considered yet timely actions have allowed us to adhere to government guidelines, whilst still providing a service to our members that means they can contact us in the same ways they are accustomed to.
We’re here to help
We understand that, as the situation continues to change, our members might have more questions than usual. Our team is here to help resolve any queries you may have about your plan.
With some workplaces remaining closed in line with government advice, we know that some of our members may be experiencing financial difficulty, which could mean that you’re having trouble keeping up with payments. If you are in this situation, please get in touch and our Member Services team will be able to discuss your options with you. You can contact us via telephone or email for assistance.
What has changed?
In order to follow government guidelines, protect our staff and support our members, we’ve made a few changes. Below is a summary of what’s been happening behind the scenes at the Society during lockdown:
- Our team is working remotely; a step that was taken to protect them and their families. The change went smoothly and we’ve been staying connected digitally.
- Our opening hours have changed. We are now open Monday to Thursday: 9am – 5pm and Friday: 9am – 4pm.
- Although we are still accepting post and collecting it regularly, we’ve reduced our paper communications. In certain situations, we have replaced mail correspondence with emails, texts or voice messages, meaning we can reach members more quickly.
- We’ve introduced new digital features for our members such as an online claims form and an Income Protection waiting period calculator. This way, members can get support without having to pick up the phone.
- We have also shared helpful advice and guidance for members affected by COVID-19 and added useful articles about life in lockdown to Your Resource Centre.
How our members can help
It’s our job to be there for you and we’re still here to answer your questions. However, as we’re receiving more calls than usual, we’re asking our members for a little help. Please only call us if your call is urgent or you are unable to contact us via email. This will enable us to prioritise vulnerable members and members with the most urgent enquiries, such as those experiencing financial difficulties.
For all other enquiries, we kindly ask that you contact us via email. You can find our email address below:
If you have questions relating to your plan, why not see if we’ve answered them in these useful articles, created especially for members:
- Questions about your Shepherds Friendly Income Protection Plan?
- Questions about your Shepherds Friendly Investment Plan or ISA?
We would like to take a moment to say thank you to all our members. Your support and understanding at this time are truly appreciated.
For any additional information help and guidance in relation to COVID-19, please see the links below:
Last updated 21/05/2020